Crypto Currency Assmebly Code of Conduct
A primary goal of the Assmebly is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion (or lack thereof) and blockchain/crypto currency affinity.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community.
We invite all those who participate in the Assembly to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
2. Open Culture
A supplemental goal of this Code of Conduct is to increase open culture by encouraging participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their effects on our community.
Communities mirror the societies in which they exist and positive action is essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power that exist in society.
If would like to see participants making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent.
3. Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert the community/congress if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that community event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
4. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
5. Trading Crypro Assets
People that would like to exchange fiat and crypto assets should take care to:
- no commercial trading, only between private entities, the assembly does not handle fiat
- educate people about wallet software, key management and the secure verification of transactions
- respect and encourage privacy
- be discreet
6. Representing Corporations
The CCC Congress is not a trade fair by any means, there is a strong emphasis on keeping the assembly as much as possible
free from marketing material and overly corporate representation. The idea is that we teach, discuss and evaluate the technology rather than just to promote it.
7. How to get help
In a situation that violates your personal boundaries or any of the above-mentioned guidelines, you have following possibilities to seek out for help:
- engage the community and ask actively for support
- contact the congress awareness team [ DECT 113 ] email@example.com
- for worst-case scenarios contact the ccc security team [ DECT 110 ] firstname.lastname@example.org